- 1 tablespoons butter
- 3 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, and cook and stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg, and cook, continuing to stir frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat to cool slightly (you can pop the apple mixture into the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to speed up this process).
- Unfold puff pastry sheets, and cut into 4 squares. Then, roll out each into 6-inch squares.
- Spoon apples onto the center of each squares. Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and using the tines of a fork, crimp edges together to seal.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them. Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20-25, until turnovers are puffed and lightly browned. Let cool slightly, and enjoy!