- 1/2 can (7 1/2 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mashed banana (or skip the banana and double the oil)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or skip the brown sugar and double the white sugar)
- scant 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour (or skip the white whole wheat, and just use all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted and salted pepitas + more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray one 8×4 loaf pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, banana, water, vanilla, white and brown sugars until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended, then mix in the pepitas.
- Pour into the prepared pans and sprinkle top with pepitas.
- Bake for about 60 minutes. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.