- If using frozen dough, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before making these.
- Pull the dough out of the refrigerator to come to almost room temperature while the squash cooks.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the cubed raw butternut squash in the instant pot with 1/4 c. of water.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes. Naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the squash to a bowl, trying not to transfer any of the liquid.
- Mash the butternut squash with a fork until well mashed.
- Add in the brandy and sugar and stir generously. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out the dough on a generously floured board to slightly bigger than 12 x 12 inches.
- Trim the edges to create straight edges.
- Cut the dough into 4 sections each approximately 6 x 6 inches.
- Add 2 T. of butternut squash mixture to the dough (slightly off center).
- Fold the edge that is farthest from the dollop of butternut mixture over the mixture and crimp with a fork on the three open edges to seal.
- Slit the top and brush with the egg wash.
- Generously sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are brown and the center is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.