1 lb. gold potatoes
1 lb. ground italian sausage
1 lb. butternut squash
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 t. seasoning (I used my new favorite creole seasoning)
- Cut the potatoes into inch chunks, leave skins on. Add to the instant pot with 1/2 c. water. Pressure cook for 20 minutes, natural release for 10 minutes. Smash the potatoes with the cooking water and set aside.
- Place the butternut squash and 1/2 c. water in the instant pot and pressure cook for 15 minutes, natural release for 10 minutes. Smash the butternut squash after draining off the cooking water. Set aside.
- Cook the ground italian sausage into small chunks and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a deep pie dish, layer the mashed potatoes and then the sausage.
- Combine the shredded cheese and butternut squash and creole seasoning and press this mixture on top of the potato and sausage layers.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn the oven to broil and broil for about 5 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.