- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla and egg, and mix well, scraping down the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low until almost fully combined. Add the zucchini and chocolate chunks and briefly run the mixer again, until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan and cut into bars.