adapted from this recipe
8 T. unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 c. sourdough starter discard
1/2 T. vanilla
1 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the butter and sugars and beat using a stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the sourdough discard, egg and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking soda and beat just until combined.
- Lastly add in the chips and beat on medium high speed briefly to incorporate the chips.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and using a 1/4 c. scoop, scoop out the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until starting to brown around the edges and let the entire parchment cool on a baking rack.
- I think they are best served at room temperature once the chocolate has set.
- Category: cookies