1 c. starter discard
1/2 t. yeast
1/4 c. water
1 T. sugar
2 T. olive oil
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t. salt
- In a stand mixer with the kneading hook attached, combine the starter, yeast, water and sugar and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, 2 c. of the flour and salt and knead on medium speed.
- Keep kneading and adding more flour until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the bowl during kneading. It can take several minutes and may utilize all of the flour (or a little more or a little less).
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise for about 4 hours at room temperature OR place in the refrigerator overnight.
- If it rises in the refrigerator overnight, pull it out the next morning and let it come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit, with a pizza stone heating in the oven as well.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and form into a ball. Let each ball rest for a few minutes before rolling each one out into about a 6 inch circle.
- Place two circles at a time in the oven and turn the oven light on so you can see them baking.
- Have tongs and a cooling rack ready. After 2 to 3 minutes the circles will puff up into rounds and once fully puffed up they are baked. Pull them out and let them cool. Repeat 3 more times.