1 c. hot cocoa mix (I used Starbuck’s hot cocoa with marshmallows mix)
1 c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon
3/4 c. melted butter (unsalted)
1 t. almond extract
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
- Pre-heat the oven the 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prepare two baking sheets with silicon mats or parchment paper
- In one large bowl combine the cocoa mix, sugar, cinnamon and butter and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add in the egg and extract and mix until well combine again.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix just until combined.
- With a 1/4 c. scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet with 2 inches of space around each cookie. I scooped 6 cookies onto one sheet and 3 onto the other. Lightly press the dough down with your hand to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave the cookies on the sheet for another 10 minutes and then remove cookies from the sheet to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm, the marshmallows will still be gooey!