makes 36 sugarplums
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. sugar
1 c. dates, chopped
1 c. shredded coconut
1 c. walnuts, chopped
1 t. vanilla
1/2 T. butter for buttering the dish
1/2 c. sparkling sugar for rolling the sugarplums
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs and cup of sugar together, add the vanilla.
- Stir in the dates, walnuts and coconut.
- Butter a 2 qt. casserole dish and pour in the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes while baking.
- Remove from the oven and let the mixture cool until it can he handled. About 30 minutes.
- Roll into teaspoon size balls (a small cookie scoop helps) and then roll into sparkling sugar.
- Place on waxed paper and let sit out for an hour or two to let the outside dry.
- Place in cookie tins and share the love!