3 c. all-purpose flour
4 t. baking powder
2 c. chopped or shredded cheddar, swiss, gouda and havarti
2 T. sugar
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1/2 t. garlic salt
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9 inch loaf pan by greasing with butter and then lightly coating with a T. or so of flour. Tap out the extra flour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and garlic salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached.
- In a separate bowl combine the buttermilk, egg and oil and add into the mixer with the flour.
- Mix on medium speed just until combined.
- Add in the pressed garlic and mix several rotations of the paddle.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan, cutting and serving.