- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1–2 tablespoons demerara sugar (optional but encouraged)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9×5 baking pan with cooking spray, and set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the egg, butter, orange juice and zest to the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour batter in to prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the demerara sugar. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in to the center comes out clean.