Inspired by Martha
6 large peaches
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. apple cider vinegar
4 t. arrowroot starch
1/4 c. honey (I used Cunningham’s Colorado Honey)
8 T. unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 T. cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Blanch and peel the peaches. Remove the pit and cut each half into eight chunks.
- Toss in a bowl with the apple cider vinegar, sugar and arrowroot starch. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the crumble ingredients and with your hands squish the butter into the rest of the ingredients until you can create large crumbs.
- Place the fruit combination in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch glass dish.
- Pour the crumble topping on top of the fruit and spread evenly over the entire surface.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the fruit mixture bubbles generously through the crumble topping.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes and then serve warm.