makes 2 x 6 inch galettes
This pie crust recipe
2 medium-sized apples
1 T. sugar
1 t. all-purpose flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
1 T. sparkling sugar
1 T. half and half
Vegetable grilling pan or aluminum baking pan
12 inch square piece of foil
- Make the pie crust, flatten into two disks, wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Core and finely chop the two apples, I left the skins on.
- Toss the apples with the sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla and set aside.
- Turn a vegetable grilling pan upside down (or an aluminum baking pan) on the grill.
- Pre-heat the grill to low-medium heat.
- Roll out each disk of chilled dough, cut each disk into an 8 inch circle. Grill the left over trimmings later with a little sugar in a stoneware baking dish set on the upside down pan.
- Place half the apple mixture into each circle. Turn up the edges.
- Brush the tops of the galette with cream and sprinkle with the sparkling sugar. Place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place one galette at a time on the grill (unless you have enough space for two upside down pans). Bake for about 20 minutes or until the middle starts to bubble and the dough starts to brown on top.
- Serve warm (or eat cold for breakfast).