3 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. sugar
1 1/2 t. salt
3 T. ghee
1 1/4 c. warm water
Other tools: baking stone, grill, silicon brush
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, ghee (I made mine fresh) and water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the knead hook. Once combined, knead on medium speed for about 8 to 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough on a floured board and cut into 8 pieces.
- Form each piece into a ball and let sit (covered with a towel) for about 15 minutes.
- Roll each piece of dough out to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Fold each disk into a fan, press and roll into a bun. Flatten into a fat circle and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Prep the grill by placing a baking stone on the bottom rack.
- Turn the grill on low heat to start and then after a few minutes increase the heat to high.
- Have grill side – more ghee, a silicon brush, a plate and tongs for flipping the bread. Close the grill lid to allow the stone to get really hot.
- Roll each piece of dough out to slightly less than 1/4 inch.
- Back at the grill generously coat the stone with ghee and place three pieces of dough on the stone. Close the grill and let cook for about a minute.
- Coat the top of the bread with butter and then flip to cook on the other side.
- Do this with all pieces of dough.
- Eat fresh or refrigerate and reheat in the microwave.