3 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
3/4 t. salt
10 oz. pistachio oreo thins
- Combine the ingredients in the bowl of the stand mixer and attach the whisk attachment.
- Whisk the mixture for about 5 minutes on first slow, then medium speed just before soft peaks form.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-chilled ice cream maker, I use a 2 qt. Cuisinart.
- Churn for 30 minutes.
- Crush the oreos by placing the cookies in a plastic bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin or equivalent.
- At the end of the 30 minutes, while the ice cream is still churning, pour in the crushed oreos and continue to churn until well mixed.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for several hours until firm.