1/2 bunch of kale
3 shallots, peeled and sliced thinly
10 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 t. honey
1 T. olive oil
2 oz. goat cheese
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 c. water
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the avocado, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt and pepper in a cup of an immersion blender and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
- Clean, remove the rib and slice the kale leaves thinly, set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the shallots until tender. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the honey and a few tablespoons of water and continue to cook the veggies for about 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Plate half the kale, half the honeyed asparagus and shallots on top of the kale.
- Crumble half the goat cheese and add generous dollops of the avocado vinaigrette on top of the salad. Serve immediately.