2 c. raw walnuts (pieces and halves)
1 c. raw whole almonds
1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 c. brown sugar
3 T. salted butter
2 T. avocado oil
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
4 oz. plantain chips (broken up a bit)
1/2 c. ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the nuts, coconut, sugar, vanilla, butter, oil and salt in the instant pot or crock pot.
- Set the instant pot on slow cook for 2 hours or if using a crock pot, high for 30 minutes and low for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir every 30 to 45 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and after the 2 hours, spread the mix onto the baking sheet to cool. I let mine cool overnight.
- The sugar doesn’t really melt so it creates a nice coating which when eaten outdoors will cause you to lick it off your hands. If you don’t like licking sugary salty goodness off your hands I suggest substituting half of the sugar for maple syrup or honey.
- Once completely cool, mix the nut mix in a large bowl with both types of chips. Spoon into jars to give to friends or bag up and stick it in your backpack for happy hiking!