3 c. thick rolled oats (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
2 1/4 c. coconut chips unsweetened
1 c. sliced almonds
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. dried ginger
1 t. salt
1/4 c. avocado oil
3/4 c. honey
1 T. vanilla extract
1 T. water
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, coconut flakes, almonds, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Toss in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a two cup measuring cup add the oil, then honey, vanilla and water.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir very well with a large spoon. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread the granola mixture over the parchment paper. Press together with the back of a spatula.
- Bake the granola for about 40 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet mid way through baking.
- Once browned, remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Break the granola into chunks and with a large spoon, spoon the granola into large mason jars.
- Cuisine: snack