- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup graham flour (from about 3 finely ground graham crackers)
- 1 cup dried fruit, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup jam
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper (allowing it to go up the sides), then spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the oat on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring at 5 minutes to ensure an even toasting. Remove from the oven and place in a large mixing bowl. Add in the other dry ingredients – graham flour, fruit, salt and cinnamon – and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, stir together the jam, peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Once it’s all melted continue to cook for about 3 minutes – stirring constantly – until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Pour in to the dry ingredients and stir together until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to the baking dish and press down firmly, until the mixture is in an even and compact layer. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then remove (via the parchment paper) and place on a cooking rack to cool completely. Once completely cooled, cut in to bars using a sharp knife.