3 extra large eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. cake flour
1 T. avocado oil
1 t. lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and with the whisk attached, whisk (gradually working up to) on high speed for about 5 minutes or until the mixture gets fluffy. It’s ready when the whisk is lifted out of the bowl and ribbons of eggs and sugar fall back into the bowl.
- Very gently sift and fold in the cake flour. Try not to over mix this so the “fluff” stays intact. The first time I made these I over mixed them and they were a bit tough.
- Fold in the oil and lemon zest just until combined.
- Instant Pot – Prepare the instant pot by placing the rack in the pot along with 1 cup of water. Then place a plate on top of the rack that fits into the pot (my plate was 8 inches in diameter). Then place 6 foil baking cups on the plate and pour each one about half full with the cake mixture. Lock instant pot and cook for 5 minutes and then let the pot naturally release for 5 minutes. Vent the pot and remove the lid and let the cakes sit in the pot for several minutes until you can safely remove them without getting burned.6. Oven – Line a muffin tin with 6 paper baking cups and pour the remaining cake mixture into them (filling about half full). Bake for 10 minutes or just until set. The first time I made these I also over baked them and they were a little dry.