2 T. butter
2 T. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. half and half
1 c. cheddar cheese
4 egg yolks
6 egg whites
1/4 t. cream of tartar
pinch of salt and pepper
- Separate the eggs (two of the yolks won’t be used – make a face mask!) and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter with the salt and pepper on medium heat and add the flour. Stir until smooth and while slowly whisking, add the half and half.
- Continue whisking until smooth and beginning to thicken.
- Whisk the egg yolks and while whisking vigorously, slowly add the flour mixture. Whisk in the cheese as well and set aside.
- Whip the egg white and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Fold about a cup of the egg whites into the milk and cheese mixture.
- Then pour the milk and cheese mixture into the remaining egg whites and fold the whole mixture together.
- Pour into a soufflé dish. This mixture filled my soufflé dish about half full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until set and golden brown on the top.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: breakfast