1/2 c. + 1 T. all purpose flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. all spice
1/3 c. avocado oil
1 t. vanilla extract
1 T. half and half
3/4 c. grated carrots
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. sour cream
1/2 t. vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (depends on how sweet/stiff you want your frosting)
- Line a 12 place muffin pan with foil cupcake liners. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Place a 9 x 9 inch glass pan half full with water on the bottom rack in the oven during the cheesecake baking step.
- Make the cream cheese filling by combining the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar and beat on medium high speed either with a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat again until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 full with the cream cheese mixture and bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking, make the carrot cake batter by combining all of the dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg, oil, vanilla and cream. Turn on the stand mixer and slowly mix the dry ingredients while adding the liquid ingredients.
- Mix just until combined and then add the grated carrots. Mix just until combined again.
- At 10 minutes, the cream cheese should be just set but not baked. Pull out the pan and scoop about 2 T. of batter on top of each cheese cake.
- Place back in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cake is set.
- Let cool about 20 minutes at room temperature and then move the cupcake pan into the refrigerator.
- Bring the cream cheese and butter to room temperature before making the frosting.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salt and beat on medium high speed until well combined. Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time and slowly mix in the sugar until combined.
- Once all the sugar is added, then beat the frosting on high speed until fluffy.
- Generously pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator, removing them from the fridge about 15 minutes before serving. Store for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
One Response to Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cupcakes