1 package lemon oreo thins (10. 1 oz)
16 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1 t. vanilla
- Place the oreos in a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed until well combined.
- To each muffin cup, spoon a heaping tablespoon of cookie crumbs into the bottom of each tin.
- Pour in the cheesecake mixture to the very top of each muffin cup.
- Alternatively you could fill (4 inch) springform pans with about 1/4 c. cookie crumbs and fill each pan about 3/4 full with cheesecake mixture.
- Add a pan of water in the bottom of the oven (about 1 inch deep) and pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- If baking the muffin tin, place the muffin tin on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 15 minutes or just until the cheese mixture is set.
- If baking the springforms, place them in the pan of water (may need more than one pan if making all 5 springforms) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Instant Pot – I placed one springform in my instant pot (on the rack with 1 c. water added to the bottom) and cooked on high pressure for 10 minutes and then let it naturally release for 10 minutes. Remove from the instant pot and let cool. The instant pot cheesecake is the lighter cheesecake on top (below).
- Chill all cheesecakes for at least 30 minutes before running a knife around the edges before removing from either type of pans.
- I was thoroughly impressed how easily the mini cheesecakes came out of the muffin tins.