Lemon Oreo Li’l Cheesecakes
It’s February, the month Strudel and I designated Cheesecake month! I decided my first cheesecake for the month would be a classic cheesecake with a crust made out of Lemon Oreo thins. This was an amazingly good choice.
Perfect amount of sweet. Perfect amount of lemon.
The last time I made cheesecake, I made a Tourteau de Chevre! It was wonderful but more time consuming than these easy and tasty little cakes! I tried making these little cheesecakes in both my instant pot and my oven. I also made these cheesecakes in muffin tins and 4-inch springforms (the instapot vs. oven comparison). Even though the instant pot was easier and ultimately they tasted the same, I just liked the baked version better.
Between making them in springforms or the muffin tin, I far and away liked making them in the muffin tin better. They were easy to remove from the muffin tin once chilled and looked beautiful turned upside down on the plate where all the golden crumbs from the lemon oreos could be seen!
A fast and easy dessert, the lemon oreos made the perfect crust, I added less sugar than usual to the cheesecake mixture to make up for the sweet crust. It was a perfect balance of slightly sweet cheesecake and crunchy sweet oreo crust.Print
Lemon Oreo Cheesecakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 to 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 muffin size cheesecakes or 5 (4 inch) springform cakes 1x
1 package lemon oreo thins (10. 1 oz)
16 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1 t. vanilla
- Place the oreos in a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla and beat on high speed until well combined.
- To each muffin cup, spoon a heaping tablespoon of cookie crumbs into the bottom of each tin.
- Pour in the cheesecake mixture to the very top of each muffin cup.
- Alternatively you could fill (4 inch) springform pans with about 1/4 c. cookie crumbs and fill each pan about 3/4 full with cheesecake mixture.
- Add a pan of water in the bottom of the oven (about 1 inch deep) and pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- If baking the muffin tin, place the muffin tin on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 15 minutes or just until the cheese mixture is set.
- If baking the springforms, place them in the pan of water (may need more than one pan if making all 5 springforms) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Instant Pot – I placed one springform in my instant pot (on the rack with 1 c. water added to the bottom) and cooked on high pressure for 10 minutes and then let it naturally release for 10 minutes. Remove from the instant pot and let cool. The instant pot cheesecake is the lighter cheesecake on top (below).
- Chill all cheesecakes for at least 30 minutes before running a knife around the edges before removing from either type of pans.
- I was thoroughly impressed how easily the mini cheesecakes came out of the muffin tins.
This entry was posted in brunch, cakes, desserts, quick and easy and tagged cheesecake, instant pot, lemon oreos.