1 c. warm water
1 package active dry yeast
2 T. honey (I like this local honey)
1 extra large egg
2 T. browned butter, melted
3/4 t. salt
3 c. oat flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- Combine the warm water, honey and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer and let sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast starts to bloom.
- Add the egg, butter and flour and mix until combined (using the paddle is fine, the knead hook is not necessary due to the lack of gluten, dough will not form a sticky ball).
- Add the salt and mix again until combined. Salt can kill yeast so it is better to add it after the flour.
- Cover the bowl and let sit in a slightly warmer area in the kitchen for about an hour.
- Pull off pieces of dough and round with hands and place in a buttered 8 x 8 inch dish. Cover and let sit for about 30 minutes. During this step pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Bake the rolls uncovered about 20 minutes or until browned on bottom.
- Let the pan cool for about 20 minutes and then serve or store in the refrigerator for several days.
- Category: bread