1 c. unsalted butter
2 to 3 T. infused honey (see below)
disposable piping bag/round tip
- To infuse the honey, combine 1 c. honey with 1 T. lavender buds in a mason jar with a lid. The lavender will float to the top so each day for at least a week (I infused my honey for two weeks) flip the jar so that the lavender can rise to the top each day.
- Combine the butter (slightly cold is best) and infused honey in a stand mixer with the paddle attached.
- Beat until well combined on medium high speed.
- At this point you can wrap the butter into a log or ball with plastic wrap and freeze until needed.
- I chose to place the butter in a disposable piping bag fitted with a medium sized round frosting tip.
- Pipe the butter onto waxed paper into swirls about 1 1/2 inch wide and freeze until firm.
- Once firm, the swirls can be placed in a ziploc bag and used later. Once swirl fits nicely on a fresh biscuit.
- Category: condiment
- Cuisine: infused butter