for the crust:
- 1 1/4 (about 10) digestive biscuits (or 8 graham crackers)
- 1/4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
for the filling:
- 16 ounces (2 large packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large or 2 small lemons, zested and juiced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, washed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- To make the crust: Stir together the crumbs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Using an 8×8 glass or ceramic plan, press the crust into the bottom and about 1/2″ inch up the sides. Using a drinking glass to firmly push the crust in to the bottom and sides of the pan will help avoid a crust that slumps over.
- Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, until set
- Remove the crust from the oven. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- To make the batter: Mix the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the cream, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix until combined, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as you mix.
- Spoon the batter into the crust. Sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Bake the bars for 30 to 40 minutes, until the filling is set but still soft in the center
- Remove the bars from the oven, and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for a few hours, and preferably overnight, until ready to serve.
- Category: dessert