I had a bowl of strawberries sitting in my refrigerator starting to look a little sad. What to do? Turn them into candied strawberries! I’ve never been a huge fan of Martha Stewart’s recipes. Most times I try her recipes they fail and NEVER look like her beautiful photos.
In an effort to save the strawberries and achieve a “candy” recipe for this month’s theme I tried a Martha recipe that worked…
A little too well, I ate them all in one sitting.
This recipe is easy and can be walked away from while they bake. I put a Target bookcase together while I made these tasty delights!
Yield 50 candied strawberries
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. water
10 strawberries, cleaned and sliced thinly
- Combine the sugar and water and bring to a quick boil until the sugar is melted and set aside.
- Wash and slice each strawberry into about 5 slices.
- Toss the strawberries in the cooled sugar water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay each strawberry slice on the paper.
- Bake the slices for about 2 hours or until the strawberries are mostly dry.
- Let the baking sheet cool, the strawberries will dry further.
- Peel the strawberries off the paper and eat straight from the pan or store in an airtight container.
This entry was posted in desserts, hiking snacks, snacks and tagged candy, martha stewart, strawberries.