2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. browned butter (browned and then cooled)
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
2 eggs (I used duck so if using chicken eggs use 3 eggs)
12 oz. of ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (aka, entire bag)
1 c. ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips, melted right before drizzling
1 t. fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees fahrenheit
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl, set aside.
- Combine sugars and browned butter in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Beat on medium speed with paddle attachment until well combined (several minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Lastly add chips and beat on medium speed just until chips are incorporated.
- With a 1/4 c. scoop, scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat, 6 to 8 cookies at a time.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or just until brown around the edges and the center is just barely set.
- This will create a soft but solid cookie full of chips.
- Remove from oven, let cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Microwave the 60% chips for 1 minute and stir until melted and using a spoonful of melted chocolate drizzle the chocolate across the top of the cookie.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and then sprinkle the salt on the chocolate.
- Let cool completely and wow your friends with these large, full of chocolate, with a slight nutty flavor, cookies!
- Don’t want to bake all the cookies now? Scoop them into muffin tins and freeze and then place into a ziploc bag once frozen and you can pull out one cookies to bake whenever you please!
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american