- 3 medium ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray two mini doughnut pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Break up the bananas in to chunks and place in to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat the bananas until they are well mashed. Add in milk, sugar, and butter and mix until combined. Then add in the vanilla and egg, again mixing until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients all at once – flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until the dry ingredients are just combined.
- Pour the ingredients into a large ziplock bag, then cut a hole in the corner to pipe the batter into the doughnut pan (the batter can also be spooned in to the pan, you’ll just need to spread it out – it might get a little messy).
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly browned and gently spring back when touched. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes, then turn on to the rack to completely cool.
- For the topping: mix the sugar and cinnamon together and place in to a ziplock bag. Once the doughnuts are entirely cooled, melt the butter in a small bowl. Dip the doughnuts into butter, then transfer to the ziplock bag and shake until coated thoroughly. Repeat with remaining doughnuts.