1 pie crust (1/2 of this recipe)
1 c. dark brown sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 T. all-purpose flour
3 T. unsalted butter, cut into chunks
about 1 c. whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- If making the crust at the same time, wrap it up and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Roll out the dough and place in a pie dish. It doesn’t have to be pretty and it doesn’t have to go over the dish. This is a shallow pie, an easy pie, don’t fret about the crust.
- Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon and spread in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Place the butter chunks on the top, evenly spaced.
- Slowly pour the milk over the sugar mixture until just covered.
- Bake the pie for about 45 minutes. The pie will not look set but once cooled it will be.
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Cuisine: childhood dish