adapted from Damn Delicious
2 c. all-purpose unbleached flour
1 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. himalayan sea salt
1 c. buttermilk (I use 4 T. of powdered cultured buttermilk and 1 c. water mixed)
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
6 oz. extra sharp cheddar, shredded
3 T. salted butter, melted
1 T. chopped freshly parsley
1/2 t. garlic powder
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicon mat (or parchment paper).
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, melt the butter. In a third bowl, combine the powdered buttermilk and water and whisk in the melted butter.
- Add the butter and buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spoon just until combined.
- Add in the cheddar and stir again.
- The dough will be wet. With a large spoon, scoop large scoops (almost 1/2 c. each) onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet while melting the salted butter with the garlic powder and chopped parsley.
- With a silicon brush, generously butter the warm biscuits with butter.
- Serve immediately or let cool completely and refrigerate.
- If refrigerated warm slightly before serving