- 1 cup (7 ounces) sugar
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 cup (3 ounces) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup (1 1/2 ounces) nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
Process all ingredients in food processor until ground to powder, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer to airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- For one serving of hot chocolate, heat 1 cup of whole, 2 percent low-fat, or 1 percent low-fat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it starts to steam and bubbles appear around the edge of the saucepan. Add 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mix and continue to heat, whisking constantly, until simmering, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and serve.
- To make enough mix for the number of marshmallows, I suggest doubling this recipe.