Yeah, me too!
However, what’s great about this recipe is you can freeze these babies for later and pop one or two in the microwave for 20 seconds when you are thinking nostalgic thoughts about all the apricots you ate this summer. When the weather starts to turn cold and it’s still dark when you are trying to get ready for work, these warm and hearty muffins will be waiting for you!
These use the apricot butter I posted last month. This recipe was adapted from the Brown Sugar Banana Bread recipe in The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook. If you haven’t had the pleasure of tempting your taste buds with the recipes in this cookbook, try out the S’more Pie and Biscones I posted about earlier this summer!
makes 12 muffins
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. apricot butter
1/4 c. powdered buttermilk
2 large eggs
6 T. melted unsalted butter
1 t. vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients into one bowl. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a different bowl and slowly add the apricot butter, eggs and vanilla.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
5. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners (I like the Reynolds aluminum liners).
6. Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full of muffin batter.
7. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or until firm in the center.
Let cool slightly and serve with butter or let them cool completely and put in a large ziploc bag and toss in the freezer. Pull one out and microwave for 10 to 15 seconds for breakfast on the go.
August 7, 2012
This entry was posted in baking, breakfast, brunch, muffins and tagged apricot butter, apricots, back in the day bakery, freezer, muffins.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/strudelandstreus/public_html/wp-content/themes/Hello-Yellow-Wordpress/comments.php on line 1