Apple Cinnamon Popovers

I made popovers for the first time this weekend!

Oh man, they are so good and so easy!  This is everything you need…

My friend Jen let me borrow her beautiful popover pan and although the recipe says you can use a muffin pan, it sure is fun to make them is this high walled heavy beauty!

These popovers would be perfect for impressing house guests.  From start to finish I had these hot on the table in 45 minutes.

I modified the recipe and added the apples and cinnamon and it added a nice little tangy sweet flavor to the top.

Print this Recipe

Apple Cinnamon Popovers

adapted from King Arthur Flour

makes 6 large popovers when using a popover pan

I didn’t change a thing for high altitude and these were perfect!

4 large eggs, warmed in hot water for 10 minutes before cracking

1 1/2 c. 2% milk, warmed

1/2 t. salt

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour

3 T. melted unsalted butter

1 T. butter melted (for greasing the pan)

1 granny smith apple

1/2 t. cinnamon

1. Set oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. While preheating oven, peel and chop apple and combine with cinnamon.

3. In a blender, combine the eggs, milk and salt and blend until smooth.

4. Add flour and blend until smooth again.

5. Add butter and blend again.

6. Grease pan with melted butter (I use a paper napkin to smear it around).

7. Pour the batter in the pan filling about 3/4 full.

8. Place a large spoonful of the apples on top of the batter.

9. Bake 20 minutes at 450 (do not open door of oven during baking).

10. Turn down oven to 350 and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until brown.

These are best served piping hot with butter!

Posted on
This entry was posted in baking, breakfast, brunch, quick and easy and tagged , , , , , .

12 Responses to Apple Cinnamon Popovers

1. Jennifer Glenn says:

Beautiful! They were really tasty!! Thanks for posting.

2. Susie says:

popover pan seem pretty cool. It really does make them nice and tall. They look super tasty and sound perfect for breakfast!

3. Tara Voss says:

Oh I will be trying these for sure!!!!!! Anything with cinnamon is always a huge hit with my kiddos. Thanks for posting:)

4. Joan says:

This sounds so good,bur alas I don’t have popover pan . Can I use regular muffin pan ?

5. Lori Lynn says:

They sound great! Congrats on Top 9!
    LL

6. Ally says:

Just LOVING the look & sound of these little treasures… thanks for sharing!
    xo

7. The day I buy a popover pan is the day I will make these for breakfast – look fantastic 😀

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

• Streusel says:

I gotta tell you I tried them with a muffin pan and they were OK, not nearly as impressive as with the popover pan! I think the popover pan is worth the purchase. You can always hang it in your kitchen to add to the decor! Thanks for the comment.

8. Sharoni says:

How have popovers evaded me all this time!? I can hardly wait to try these.

9. Katybeth says:

I am not much of a cook but I can make popovers! I will try this FUN variation today. I am spending some time with a friend and her 8 year old this morning and I suspect these will be big hit!

Thanks for sharing.