Streusel’s Favorite Kitchen Tools
If you have a kitchen lover in your circle of friends and family, and need a gift for them this holiday season, any of these would be well appreciated! I had a hard time choosing only nine of my favorite kitchen tools to talk about. Since Strudel started off this month’s season of sharing with a nice introduction to 9 of her favorite kitchen tools I figured I would follow suit!
- Quarter cup cookie scoop – I don’t know how I made muffins and cupcakes before this scoop. It delivers the perfect portion of batter every time and minimizes the messy clean-up of using a spoon!
- Yonanas – Admittedly, maybe not EVERYONE would be as excited to get this as a gift but I absolutely love this thing. When I am attempting to be good, I use this to create a creamy concoction with bananas and add some bitter sweet chocolate chips. Super Yummy! Even though I got mine for Christmas last year, I saw them at Costco the other day, they are still around!
- Kuhn Rikon Kochblume – I just recently received this wonderful gadget! You’ll never have a pot boil over again with this silicon lid.
- Oxo Egg Beater – I acquired this while with Strudel at our first Food Blogger conference and because of it I have gotten rid of my hand mixer completely. It’s easy to store, easy to clean and fun to use!
- Wusthof Knife Sharpener – I don’t know what I did before this knife sharpener. I’ve had it for several years now and I use it all the time. There is nothing worse than a dull knife in the kitchen and this sharpener makes your kitchen a happy place!
- Zyliss Mandolin – A mandolin is a must in the kitchen, just be careful. This thing can take a knuckle off with ease. Every time I think I can cut a few more pieces of a carrot, I am reminded I cannot without taking off a piece of finger.
- Escali Primo Kitchen scale – Being able to weigh out flour and other ingredients will take your baking to a whole new level. Recipes are more consistent when ingredients are weighed instead of measured by volume.
- Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup – Honestly I wish I had two or three of this same size pyrex cup in my kitchen. This is my best friend when making pretty much anything.
- Imperia Pasta Roller – I acquired this from a friend quite a few years ago who never used it and after letting me borrow it decided I could just keep it. I was thrilled. Not only does it make amazingly fresh and tasty pasta, it will help you make baklava! Stay tuned for another recipe using the Pasta Roller!
This entry was posted in gifts and tagged Escali, Imperia, kitchen gadgets, Kuhn Rikon, OXO, Pyrex, Wusthof, Yonana, Zyliss.